When the tide recedes, a great pulling occurs.
Sea water and sand, ocean debris and fish
all drawn inexorably toward the centre and beyond.
The ebb of a great watery pendulum
swinging back and forth across the earth.
A circadian love affair
that drenches and swamps with briny promise
then snatches back again,
it’s unstoppable rhythm
ripping the clothes and skin
right off the land that dares to host it.
When the water pushes in
the beaches and cliffs revel in the richness,
beg for a lick, a caress of that salty tongue.
So overtaken, they lay themselves bare,
eager to be romanced by the sea.
But what a callous lover they meet,
that abruptly turns away each day.
It cares not for the heart it breaks
or the salt it scatters on the wind.
Just as quickly as it came
it rushes off to dance on other shores,
and as with so many dreamers before,
the land is teased, then left there in the lurch.
- @salmahayek Read your very moving piece in @nytimes. You're a shining light of inspiration, courage & strength; a p… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago
- RT @KarenTamWoohoo: Great profile for #PassiveHouse in #YVR (DYK - we have biggest - for now in Canada & soon tallest in the world) https:/… 5 days ago
- #Tampon #Angel because there's a #Festivus for the rest of us! https://t.co/h4EyLaMTfz 5 days ago
- As the year draws to a close it's a good time to appreciate the #1stresponders who've kept us safe. #thankseveryone 5 days ago
- Ppl overstepping their job function. twitter.com/Lanefab/status… 5 days ago
- Kudos. twitter.com/ToddMichaelsen… 5 days ago
- Ugh. twitter.com/TreeHugger/sta… 1 month ago
- RT @CHBABC: CHBA BC is hosting the first of a two-part Net Zero Labelling Program training series by webinar this morning! Builders from 25… 1 month ago
- RT @Lanefab: Tomorrow: Passive house projects around the world are opening their doors as part of the International Passive House Days. Fro… 1 month ago
- RT @RDHBuildings: Results show that when temperature passes 80°C, EPS starts to shrink significantly compared to other materials. #CCBST201… 1 month ago
- @discothistle Thanks. Sounds like you have stories too. So many do; not my 1st choice of group to join but I guess we're in good company. 1 month ago
- Few read my tweets but for what it's worth, I offer these 3: Ian Erickson, Teacher. Wayne Reynolds, Cop. Don Bah, Family Friend. #MeToo 1 month ago
- July 2017
- November 2016
- October 2016
- April 2016
- November 2015
- October 2015
- May 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- July 2013
- May 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- February 2011